This agreement applies to all SFI Complexity Challenges you may choose to enroll in through the Complexity Explorer site.
You must register on the Complexity Explorer site and complete a truthful application to take part in the SFI Complexity Challenges. The Complexity Explorer team (including the instructors, mentors, and administrators) reserves the right to decide who can join the SFI Complexity Challenges. You may un-enroll from active and upcoming Challenges at any time.
By joining the SFI Complexity Challenges, enrolling in upcoming Challenges, and submitting a Challenge solution, you agree:
- That any of your work submitted to any Challenge becomes part of the public domain and you waive all copyright and related or neighboring rights together with all associated claims and causes of action with respect to this work to the maximum extent possible under the law. You may choose to extend your work and publish your findings in an academic, peer-reviewed journal, if you so choose.
- That the work you submit for this challenge is your own work and that it does not involve plagiarism (defined as the use of work or concepts contributed by other individuals without proper attribution or citation).
- That the work you submit for this SFI Complexity Challenge does not contain, and will not be deemed to contain, any confidential or proprietary information of any kind whatsoever.
- That any of the work you submit for the SFI Complexity Challenges may be shared with the organizational partner as well as the Complexity Explorer team and SFI faculty, and may be selected to be featured on the Complexity Explorer and SFI’s website.
- That the work you submit for the SFI Complexity Challenges is in the public domain, and as such may be used and expanded upon by others without compensation or notification if they so choose.
- That Complexity Explorer and the Santa Fe Institute has no liability for selection of top-ranked SFI Complexity Challenge participants, and that you hold them legally harmless in regard to the selection of the top-ranked SFI Complexity Challenge participants. You also agree to hold Complexity Explorer and the Santa Fe Institute legally harmless for any advice provided by the Complexity Explorer team as to the quality or suitability of submitted solutions and agree to waive any claim against Complexity Explorer and the Santa Fe Institute for your failure to place among the top ranked Challenge participants.
A Complexity Explorer team member will notify you within a reasonable time after the end of the peer evaluation period whether your submission will continue to be evaluated by the Complexity Explorer team and/or the organizational partner.